The Revd Joanna Naish
Parish Priest for Hindon with Chicklade and Pertwood
Associate Priest, Benefice of the Nadder Valley
Diocesan Chaplain to the Mothers’ Union Diocese of Salisbury
Alternative contact: Charlie Bowen
t: 01747 820249
The church was built in 1871 on the site of a previous chapel. Although now dedicated to St. John the Baptist the chapel was dedicated for a time from 1553 St. Luke due to the day on which the second of the bi-annual fairs was held. The dedication to St. John the Baptist may be connected to the belief that he was protector of those involved in the wool trade as he is often pictured with the Agnus Dei. The village has known connections with the wool trade and the Agnus Dei is pictured on a panel over the west door of the church.
Newcomers to the village are very welcome at the Parish Church. We are always pleased to see children in church at any service, and there is usually a short Family Communion service each month followed by coffee in church.